Truck Accidents in Las Vegas
Accidents can happen between two vehicles on the road for a variety of reasons. While sometimes, accidents happen because of poor road conditions, they can also happen if drivers are not careful. Some of the most dangerous accidents that can happen on the road are truck accidents, They are the largest vehicle on the road, weighing up to 30 times as much as a regular car. Due to their massive size, trucks can be harder to control than other vehicles are. If a truck driver does not drive safely, they have the potential to seriously injure someone else on the road. If you were injured as the result of a truck accident, an experienced attorney in Las Vegas can help your case.
Types of Accidents
It is possible for a truck accident to happen in several different ways. Each outcome of an accident may be different depending on the size of the vehicle the truck collided with. Some examples of truck accidents can be:
- Head-on collisions
- Rollover accidents
- Blind spot accidents
- Jackknife accidents
- Underride accidents
Causes of Accidents
If a driver is not careful and following the rules of the road, they may cause an accident due to poor driving decisions. This can severely injure other drivers around them. A truck accident may happen as a result of several factors. Some of these factors may include.
- Safety regulations: A truck driver may violate safety regulations on the road if they change lanes poorly or pass other vehicles unsafely. It is also a violation to follow behind other vehicles too closely.
- Reckless driving: If a truck is driving dangerously, it may be difficult for a driver to control the vehicle and bring it to a stop. Trucks need a length of about two football fields to come to a complete stop. If trucks are driving over the speed limit, it can be difficult to navigate the vehicle.
- Poor visibility: Because of their size, trucks have a limited view of the road. They have larger blind spots than other vehicles that can trap other smaller cars and cause accidents.
- Drowsy driving: Federal law allows truck drivers to work 11 hours within a 14-hour work day, giving them no more than 70 hours of driving a week. If they break the law and drive any longer than this, they may cause an accident due to drowsy driving.
- Mechanical problems: Trucks can sometimes fail due to mechanical issues, just as all vehicles can. Some issues may cause accidents. This may include tire blowouts, brake issues, breakdowns, and more.
When you wish to hold another party responsible for your injury after an accident, you must prove that the party was negligent. In order to do so, you must satisfy the burden of proof. This requires you to find evidence that proves that your accident and the injury sustained were a direct result of the party’s negligence. Trucks often contain a “black box” that records the speed they were driving before the accident happened. It is important to secure this information after the accident before it can be deleted.
Contact our Firm
If you or someone you know has been injured as a result of a truck accident and seek legal representation, contact Lawrence C. Hill & Associates, LTD. today.
When individuals in Las Vegas are injured due to the negligence of another party, they can turn to Lawrence C. Hill & Associates for quality legal assistance. Whether you were injured on someone else’s property, were injured by a negligent driver, or impacted by negligence in another way, we are here to help. Contact Lawrence C. Hill & Associates today to discuss your case.