Las Vegas Supermarket Accident Attorney
Representing Clients in Supermarket Slip & Fall Accident Cases
Taking a trip with your family to the supermarket to buy groceries should be a routine chore, and perhaps even a boring one. It is not usually considered to be a dangerous trip. However, many people do not realize the risk of injury that accompanies a routine trip to the grocery store. When store management does not make sure the store is free and clear of any hazards, shoppers can become very seriously injured and suffer life-altering consequences. If you or a loved one has been injured by the actions or negligence of grocery store management, the injury attorneys at Lawrence C. Hill & Associates can help you to obtain compensation for your injuries. Contact our firm today for quality legal representation.
Las Vegas Supermarket Negligence Law
Under Nevada law, supermarket owners and other retailers have a heightened duty of care to members of the public. The owners of the supermarket must keep their premises reasonably safe. This includes the obligation to inspect, maintain, and keep the supermarket free of dangers to its customers. There are a number of different ways that an individual can become injured in a supermarket if the staff is negligent. Some of the common causes of supermarket accidents include the following:
- A slippery floor in an aisle due to a broken jar that hasn’t been cleaned up
- A leaky refrigerator or freezer case
- Falling objects from a shelf
- A broken shopping cart
Of course, these are just a few examples of many. If you have been injured because of the negligence of supermarket staff, contact the experienced legal team at Lawrence C. Hill & Associates today to discuss your case.
What To Do If You’ve Been Injured in a Supermarket
If you have been injured in a supermarket, time is of the essence. Because the conditions that cause many supermarket injuries can be easily cleaned up, such as a spill or leak, there are several steps you can take to help preserve your claim:
- Take photographs as soon as possible. With almost everyone owning a smartphone with a camera, taking photos of what caused your injury is a necessary first step
- Call a manager. If you’ve been injured in a supermarket, ask to speak with a manager. Be sure to get their name. They will likely generate an accident report. If possible, ask for a copy of this report or permission to take a photograph of it.
- Get the name and phone number of any witnesses. Finding an account from a neutral third party witness can help to bolster your claim.
- Get appropriate medical help. If you’ve been injured, it is your job first and foremost to heal up. If you need to visit an urgent care or emergency room, do so.
Contact a Las Vegas Supermarket Accident Attorney
The supermarket injury legal team at Lawrence C. Hill & Associates can help you if you have been injured as a result of the negligence of store employees. Our firm can aid you in recovering compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and future loss of income. If you have been the victim of a supermarket accident, don’t hesitate. Contact Lawrence C. Hill & Associates today.